NaPoWriMo 2


My house is red,
Red walls painted inside and outside:
All red, for I loved red,
And no one else:
I hung portraits,
Of me and you
In our largest living room:
Mostly of myself,
For you loved to see me too
In my blacks and whites,
Like I was always a memory
Even before I were dead
Or you were:
We would never have to get photos after our deaths, I said,
You added,"yes, our entire generation."
I smirked,
You always cared about the others.
Our house, large grew larger,
Sprawling:
A mansion, with a library,
Gardens, a pool at it;
Everything you admired,
Except me.
The house grew redder and redder
That day,
The reds shrank the sprawling mansion
The architect said,
Made it look like a little cottage.
We laughed, moving in,
Holding our hands,
We were happy then.
You painted all windows
With glass paints,
Ugly, grimaced.
The house looked at me,
I spoke to the tall statue,
I spoke to the bricks and walls.
They were my friends.
Before the house grew redder and redder,
Your beautiful blood
And baby, I kissed it.
#NaPoWriMo 2.1 because I didn't like the earlier one too much. Another try.

Comments

Popular Posts